question

mrwolf1973 avatar image
mrwolf1973 asked

Multiplus 2 48/3000/35 230V 3 phase installation in Germany, workaround for maximum input current > 32 amp

Hello,

short description of actual situation:

a) fixed installation, 3 phases, south of Germany

b) at the moment no victron product, usv, power generator or solar installation present

c) the power connection is in the basement of the main building for three buildings

d) the main fuses after the electricity meter are 3x 65 Amp

e) the line is divided into three strands (3x 3x32 Amp) for the main building and two strands (2x 3x40 Amp) one for each of the outbuildings

f) in the outbuildings a load of 32 amp per phase is rarely/weekly used

Target:

a) In a first step an USV for the main building with a load up to 1,5 kw load per phase.

b) In a second step an solar installation on one of the outbuildings (on the main building it is not possible)

c) In a third step a combined heat and power unit will be installed in the same outbuildings like the solar installation

Assumption:

My understanding is, that because I want a USV functionality on the main building, I have to install the Multiplus2 in the basement of the main building. In addition to insure that in case of a power outage the solar is still working I have to include the outbuilding with the solar in the AC-out-1. The second outbuilding can be installed on AC-out-2.

Question:

I have rarely, but I have in this installation on AC-out-1 an overload in normal mode (32 amp outbuilding + parallel load from main building ~16 amp). Can I work around this issue if I make a 3-phase 2 parallel installation (so 6x Multiplus2) and connect the two AC-out-1 of the two parallel Multiplus2 per phase before they are spitted for main building and outbuildings?

Thanks in advance,

Sven

Multiplus-IIbattery charginginput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Bob (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Bob (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Dear Sven,

you can parallel more 3-Phase systems to increase the output power per phase. Please look at our detailed information here; https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

Please consult your dealer for this if you have installation questions.

Regards,

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrwolf1973 avatar image mrwolf1973 commented ·

Hi Bob,

thanks for pointing me to this document. I overlooked it in my search. This answear my question.

Regarding your second tip, that I should consult my local dealer. To be frank I do not have one until this point in time and try to find out which one is a good one and not only an online retailer. Do you have somthing like an approved partner program?

Regards,

Sven

0 Likes 0 ·
Bob (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Bob (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Dear Sven,

you can find dealers on the (in your case) German Victron homepage in the section "where to buy" or in German "Vertriebspartner". Please contact me per email if you need help with that.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic