question

joshua-backwell avatar image
joshua-backwell asked

Consumption data not available in dashboard from Dyness LiFePo4 battery

I've recently added a new system to our fleet in VRM Portal with LiFePo4 batteries. All of my other sites use Lead Acid batteries with smart shunts and they show consumption data on the dashbard, but this is not shown for the Dyness battery. Has anyone had any success in getting this to work? Here are some screenshots showing the two different systems:

Dashboard of system with Dyness battery:

1694271922432.png

Dashboard of system with lead acid batteries with smartshunt:

1694272011634.png

VRMdashboard display
1694271922432.png (52.3 KiB)
1694272011634.png (62.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Vrm requires an inverter to measure and display.

This is documented behaviour and covered in various other posts on the subject.

The shunt changes the behaviour slightly but without one this is normal behaviour for the configuration you have.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joshua-backwell avatar image joshua-backwell commented ·
Thanks, I understand. In that case, I guess it's more of a feature request then. It would be great if VRM could use the available data to generate the consumption plots.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ joshua-backwell commented ·
You could install a shunt to get around it, iirc there some other requests looking for that capability (but to achieve other goals).

Can I suggest you pop a feature request in the modifications section, maybe with a poll for people to vote on it.

Sometimes you get lucky :)

1 Like 1 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Do you have a Victron inverter?

Batteries don't send consumption data, the data sent for smart batteries is rather specific.

Dyness is also unsupported, unfortunately.

They used to present as Pylontech, so if it is visible in the GX menu then you will be getting what it is sending.

You also need to make sure it is configured as the battery monitor in the GX system setup.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi. The batteries are showing up as a battery monitor, so I can see SOC and realtime current and voltage on the battery. I don't have an inverter. This is a simple remote power supply for lidar monitoring equipment. I'm just surprised that VRM cab see current, voltage, power and soc from the dyness battery, but it doesn't use that information to populate the consumption plots in the dashboard.
0 Likes 0 ·

Here are some screenshots:

First, the system with the dyness battery:
screenshot-20230910-111550.jpg

And here's the lead acid system with the smart shunt:

screenshot-20230910-111612.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources