question

mterman avatar image
mterman asked

AC consumption not showing in VRM

Could somebody please shed some light on this?

Multiplus II 5000/48 is connected to the Cerbo GX via MK3 interface (MK3 is connected to the USB on Cerbo and the Ve.Bus port on the Multiplus).

It used to work normally, showing AC consumption on the dashboard of the Cerbo and in VRM. But after I updated Cerbo, it stopped reporting AC output. I tried updating the Multiplus firmware but it didn't help ...

Multiplus is sending AC consumption to the Cerbo because you can see it when you enter the device details in Cerbo console.

I should mention that the Multiplus is working without a problem...

I tried restarting everything :)

Here are some pictures from the Cerbo and VRM.

2023-09-08-094945-vrmvictronenergycom-2dc6cbee53cc.png

2023-09-08-095057-vrmvictronenergycom-3065892ecee6.png

2023-09-08-095123-vrmvictronenergycom-99493933db42.png

2023-09-08-095157-vrmvictronenergycom-d7fd72a811b3.png

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Why are you using a mk3 with a Cerbo? It has a dedicated VEBUS.

The mk3 behaviour is documented in the manual:

• Only the system connected to the built-in VE.Bus ports is used to generate the data on the Overview pages.

• All connected systems will be visible on the Device List.

Hence why the system is shown as "off" and with no data.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mterman avatar image mterman commented ·

Hmm, on the same manual page, belove the two lines that you quoted:

All connected systems will be taken into account for Energy consumption and distribution calculations (kWh graphs on VRM).

This used to work without a hitch! AC consumption was visible on the VRM and on the overview page.

The reason why I am not using Ve.Bus is because the inverter keeps turning off and then turning on when I connect it to the Cerbo through the Ve.Bus. I explained the problem in this question:
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/144342/multiplus-ii-and-cerbo-gx-and-dvcc-strange-behavio.html

The reason I didn't continue to explore the Ve.Bus problem is because the mk3 connection worked without any problems ...

0 Likes 0 ·