question

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany asked

Cerbo, alarm sounding, both BT and WiFi lights flashing

Friend's unit and he's miles away and not at the installation in his camper.

I don't have access. Can't find anything in the manual.

Video attached. Ideas?

cerbo gxBluetoothwifi
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Bluetooth and wifi lights are always flashing; if wifi is disabled it will flash orange, if enabled will flash green. BT flashes blue if ready, steady-lit if connected, no flash if disabled. This bit is in the manual and also printed on the face of the Cerbo next to the LEDs; the flashing in the video just shows normal operation of the Cerbo itself.

The alarm, unfortunately, could be any of the configurable alarms, no way to tell from here - low voltage, low SOC, temperature, etc.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks. Funny the alarm beeps with the flashes. Guess I'll be visiting tomorrow.
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
LOL yes, I'd noticed the beep timing on other units as well - I'm guessing the beeper is using the same switched power source from the board as the LEDs do, as every Cerbo I've seen has the same timing when an alarm sounds.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Grid lost alarm is enabled? Could be that (but it should also be visible in VRM).

1 comment
2 |3000

Good one. But sadly no grid and no VRM. Will try and sort it out remotely. He has a screen for the Cerbo, but hasn't installed it. Temp connection should work.
0 Likes 0 ·