question

Daren Connor avatar image

How to configure PV assistant (3 phase)

What is the total solar power in a 3 phase system with 3 x 48/5000/70 fed by a Fronius Symo 15kw PV inverte being fed by 18kw of solar panels. I need to get my PV solar inverter support assistant set correctly. Thanks for any help anyone can provide...

Multiplus-IIsolarFroniusAssistants
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Should the figure be 4000w, 15000w or 18000w For Total Solar power in PV inverter support assistant? Does anyone know?

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

you use the total power, and both figures:

5 comments Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

So based on the information of my system 15000 and 18000 are the figures that I would use?

Hi, I have done exactly what has been advised. I updated the firmware & set the PV inverter support assistant as advised but the system is ramping down at to 10500w & won't go above. Do you have any suggestions that may fix it. The system will ramp down Fronius to 10500 even while batteries are at 60% & the house is using 3000w so the charge going into the batteries is reduced instead of Fronius being ramped up to compensate. I just can't get the system to use all the solar I have. When I fire up the generator, the system will use 10kw continuously to charge the batteries then ramps the generator up to meet the house demand. I have as much solar power as I have generator power but the system just won't use the solar. What settings could be wrong to cause this major inefficiency? Thanks for any help you could provide.

Can you try playing around with the settings a bit?

I suspect it has to do with maximum charge current while the system is inverting, but I'm not sure.

Daren Connor avatar image Daren Connor Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ·

Thanks so much for your help...Are there any setting you might suggest I try playing around with? Sorry to be a pain but I really would like to get it working properly. Thanks again...

Daren Connor avatar image Daren Connor Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ·

All sorted now. I took it back to default settings. I had to amend just 3 settings & it all worked perfectly. Thanks once again for your help...