question

daren-connor avatar image
daren-connor asked

How to configure PV assistant (3 phase)

What is the total solar power in a 3 phase system with 3 x 48/5000/70 fed by a Fronius Symo 15kw PV inverte being fed by 18kw of solar panels. I need to get my PV solar inverter support assistant set correctly. Thanks for any help anyone can provide...

Multiplus-IIFroniussolarAssistants
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daren-connor avatar image daren-connor commented ·

Should the figure be 4000w, 15000w or 18000w For Total Solar power in PV inverter support assistant? Does anyone know?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

you use the total power, and both figures:

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

So based on the information of my system 15000 and 18000 are the figures that I would use?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi, I have done exactly what has been advised. I updated the firmware & set the PV inverter support assistant as advised but the system is ramping down at to 10500w & won't go above. Do you have any suggestions that may fix it. The system will ramp down Fronius to 10500 even while batteries are at 60% & the house is using 3000w so the charge going into the batteries is reduced instead of Fronius being ramped up to compensate. I just can't get the system to use all the solar I have. When I fire up the generator, the system will use 10kw continuously to charge the batteries then ramps the generator up to meet the house demand. I have as much solar power as I have generator power but the system just won't use the solar. What settings could be wrong to cause this major inefficiency? Thanks for any help you could provide.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ daren-connor commented ·

Can you try playing around with the settings a bit?

I suspect it has to do with maximum charge current while the system is inverting, but I'm not sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
daren-connor avatar image daren-connor Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks so much for your help...Are there any setting you might suggest I try playing around with? Sorry to be a pain but I really would like to get it working properly. Thanks again...

0 Likes 0 ·
daren-connor avatar image daren-connor Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

All sorted now. I took it back to default settings. I had to amend just 3 settings & it all worked perfectly. Thanks once again for your help...

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Walsh avatar image Matthew Walsh daren-connor commented ·
What were the 3 settings that you needed to amend to solve your issue?
1 Like 1 ·