question

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende asked

weird ac-power readings on high load conditions -> Multiplus 2 / 5000 / 70

Hi Community !

this is my first post here , cause a am not able to find an answer to my question till now.

I have a Multiplus 2 and a Fronius AC-IN coupled PV inverter. The whole System is in ESS Mode.

There is a 3 phase meter (ET340) on the main AC input of our house.

Everything seems to work fine, except the readings on the Venus in high load conditions:

As you can see the multi is drawing 2500 Watts from the battery and feed it back to the grid via L3. The Load measured by hand with around 2300 Watts is on L1 -> which is measured fine by the ET340. The problem is on "ac-out" side. There the load is suddenly 4579 Watts on L1.

The Fronius inverter is in zero-feed-in mode. (i think he has nothing to do with that)

Any idea how i can fix this ?

Thanks a lot !

Jens

Multiplus-IIESSFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @stxShadow

If you connect the multi to L1 your problem will be fixed.
The ESS function expects it to be on L1, so the measurements are wrongly calculated.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende commented ·

Ah .... that was the information i am missing. So L1 is mandatory.

Thx so far .... will change that and report back ;)

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende Meine_Energiewende commented ·

Follow Up: That indeed solved my problem. Thx a lot for the support.

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Hi Daniel !

thx for the answer. I think this will only solve the problem in this case. The Loads vary over L1-L3 ..... in this case my wife was cooking (and the used plate of the stove was L1) ......

Our dryer ans washing maschine is connected to L2 ...... so if we use them we will have the same problem .... right ?

thx

Jens

2 |3000