question

spithost avatar image
spithost asked

Pylontech US5000 not showing in Cerbo GX

Working on a system with: Cerbo GX, MultiPlus 48/3000/35, two BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/35 and a Pylontech US5000.
Everything seems to work, except for the Pylontech, not showing up in the Cerbo GX. Everything else (MultiPlus and the two MPPT's show themselves in the "home-screen" of the Cerbo GX.
I use the type A cable (which I tested on a cable tester to check if the pins are connected ok and they are) which is plugged in in the CAN-port of the Pylontech and the BMS-Can-port in the Cerbo GX. In the other opening of the BMS-Can I put a terminator.
I also tried switching to the VE-Can port (which I set to 500bps), but also in that setup, the battery doesn't show up :-(
After every change, I rebooted the Cerbo GX.
Anyone got any suggestions?

cerbo gxPylontechVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You can either try, powering off/resetting the battery, in case something got stuck.

Or, double check you have the right end of the cable in the right socket (it's unidirectional).

Or, Pylon want pins 1-3 disconnected (which they aren't on a Victron cable), this sometimes causes issues.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spithost avatar image
spithost answered ·

I did just what you suggested (before I read your answer :-D).
I unplugged the MPPT's, then shut down the Pylontech (by pressing the SW-switch for a while and releasing it) and switched it of with the on/off switch.

After a 30 second wait, I switched the Pylontech on again and booted it up.
After that the system worked as expected. All the connected devices appeared in the "home-screen" of the Cerbo GX.

Apparently, the Pylontech only tries to start communicating when starting up from scratch. And if it encounters some problem along the way, it doesn't try again and just doesn't communicate at all :-(

At least.... so it seems ;-)
So if someone had a comparable problem with a Pylontech not appearing in the Cerbo, and being sure they have the right cable connected the right way to the correct Can-port...
Make the Pylontech completely power-free, shut it down, switch it off and after half a minute or so, start the whole stuff up again.

2 |3000