question

Gary Pacey avatar image
Gary Pacey asked

Cerbo controlling Allow to Charge signal for managed batteries

In a 48-volt Pylontech managed battery system, I want the Cerbo to control an effective ATC (Allow to Charge) signal via the an aux relay that might control an external charge source such as an alternator or wind generator. Is there any progress on this feature? @mvader (Victron Energy)

cerbo gxPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Gary, no; we worked on it a little, and then found out its not so easy to make a solid and stable solution for this. And I put it on hold. I don’t know when we’ll work on it again, not anytime soon I’m afraid.

some more details here: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/737

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gary Pacey avatar image
Gary Pacey answered ·

Thanks Matthias. I found this information for the 3 relay outputs on the Pylontech US2000/3000 batteries. It appears that we can use Output 1 for ATD and Output 2 for ATC.

I wonder if anyone in the Community has validated these functions and if there are any precautions for use?

image.png.bf8ed46023a22450ba8702dcf28cdf9a.png

2 |3000