question

2bbionic avatar image
2bbionic asked

VRM Portal seems offline but communication OK

Hello,

first post here - pls be patient if i miss some info...

I have 3-phase system connected to my Cerbo (FW 3.0.6) , the Cerbo is connected via LAN to my router and the internet.

Since weeks now, the Cerbo seems not to send all (?) data to the VRM:

• The portal shows the "live" data as consumption, battery SOC and so on
  • The graph (below) doesn't show anything
  • The "extended" tab also shows "no data"
  • In the device list, I see my devices - with the info "last seen" at about 1day (for now)
  • The button "Firmware update" is available and shows the correct FW-versions
  • "VE remote configure" is also available, download of the config data is working
  • Remote console is avaliable
  • Sometimes, it seems that there's at least one transfer is OK, after rebooting the Cerbo one "dot" of data appears in the VRM portal

On the Cerbo side, the VRM portal settings - status is switching constantly between "unknown" and "no error".

"Storage place" "free space" and "stored protocols" are also contantly switchich its values between nothing and some weird values, there's an error "unknown error" showing in that part.

I had a SD card connected to the Cerbo but removed it for now - there was no change in behaviour.

I already deleted the ID from the VRM portal and reconfigured it from scratch with no success.

As the device readout (for the config data) and the remote console are fine, the internet connection shouldn't be the issue.

I already tried to check some logs but wasn't succesful - mainly the logs show nothing useful.

Are there any logging I could activate or is it possible to reset my local database (if this could be the root cause for my issues)

Any help would be appreciated,

regards,

2bbionic

cerbo gxVRMvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Is logging enabled in Cerbo (in the "VRM online portal" sub-menu)?

If yes, what is the log interval?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2bbionic avatar image
2bbionic answered ·

2 |3000

2bbionic avatar image
2bbionic answered ·

Very strange thnigs happen...I try to figure out this issue for a couple of weeks now, but as I'm writing this, my Cerbo uploaded about 15k of protocols to the VRM portal.

some of the values are visible now in VRM - BUT

I checked my devices list and made a "Firmware upgrade check" and the Cerbo stopped working more ore less immediately. It's visible with the "last contact" line on the Cerbo - it's empty. Before I made the FW check (VRM), a counter was shown...

1692441321259.png

1692441321259.png (10.4 KiB)
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

@2bbionic We have a German speaking section on the forum if you'd prefer to not post in English.

1 comment
2 |3000

2bbionic avatar image 2bbionic commented ·
Danke für den Hinweis - hab's übersehen :)
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Try another LAN cable between Cerbo and the router.

Try another Internet connection (for instance Mobile Data from a phone).

Try another firmware version in Cerbo (for instance boot into the previous one you had).

2 |3000

2bbionic avatar image
2bbionic answered ·

LAN cable and internet connection don't make any sense for me - the remote console works and the connections are OK.

At leat I can can confirm that a Firmware upgrade check seems to brick the VRM potal connection - as soon as the FW checks runs - the conection on the Cerbo gets lost

2 |3000

2bbionic avatar image
2bbionic answered ·

I still have this issue and no workaraound avail except a reboot of the Cerbo.
I just updated to 3.11 (Large) - same effect: As soon I a request a firmware update check in the portal, all storage related setings in the VRM online-portal switch to "unknown error"

Any thoughts - logfiles where to check it more deeply, maybe?

2 |3000