question

abegweit avatar image
abegweit asked

24-3000-70 Multiplus low battery alarm at idle with 28VDC input

3 year old 24VDC 3000W Multiplus shutdown with low battery light flashing (all other LEDs extinguished). Confirmed there is 28VDC at the DC input to the Multiplus. Battery connections are very clean. System was under a 100W load when it shutdown. VRM shows no drop in DC voltage prior to shutdown. Removed the front cover and discovered small ants inside the Multiplus. Has anyone every seen anything like this? Could the ants have caused the malfunction? Appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.

multiplus ve.buslow battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Dušan Klofutar avatar image
Dušan Klofutar answered ·

Ants can make short circuits inside electronics.Open your Multi,disconect all connections and carefully clean pcb...

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abegweit avatar image abegweit commented ·

Hi thank you @Dušan Klofutar.

Upon further inspection, the ants are worse than I originally thought. Quite a mess in there.

I will need to remove the "guts" of the MultiPlus to clean this up but I'm not ready to tackle that job without knowing more about the proper way to go about it.

If anyone knows of a good video or guide showing how to remove the circuitry inside the MultiPlus please share a link!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ abegweit commented ·

@Abegweit

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/11/28/inside-the-victron-multiplus-with-johannes-boonstra/

They are fairly simple to open.

You can take the top off and the top grill, hold the fans at the bottom from spinning and blow it out with a blower.

That will clear most stuff. Then you can decide adter if you want to go the whole way.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic