question

fijitech avatar image
fijitech asked

Low Voltage Alert on new system

Good afternoon,

*Upfront Disclosure I am by no means even a novice at electrical systems and have been doing this by watching/reading countless videos/blogs. Please pardon my ignorance.*

I've been running into an issue lately with my system stating low voltage when the SOC is at 100%.

This entire system is brand new and has only been running for 10 days.

Setup:

(3) EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 24V 200AH in Parallel using 2AWG (35mm) wire. (The Manufacturer, Signature Solar, stated 6AWG (16mm) is recommended and 2AWG(35mm) is ample.)

+ Positive from Battery runs 2AWG(35mm) to 400amp ANL > Master On/Off > Victron Smart BatteryProtect 12/24 220 > (2) Lynx Distributors > (2) Victron 24/3000 Inverters.

- Negative from Battery runs 2AWG(35mm) to Victron Smart Shunt 500 > (2) Lynx Distributors > (2) Victron 24/3000 Inverters.

The system is controlled by a Victron Cerbo GX and Touch.

From what I've read, my 2AWG(35mm) wiring may not be sufficient for the Victron Inverters to work properly and this may be the cause of my problems. From what I've read, I need to up this to 4/0 (95mm)

That being said, the battery terminals are my issue. They are protected by a + symbol plastic shield. I was just barely able to get the 2AWG lugs to work. The 4/0 (95mm) lugs will not fit and removing these covers will void my battery warranty.

Any suggestions on what to do?

multiplus ve.buswiringmultiplus in parallellow battery warning
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Which component is generating the low voltage alarm? How far from batteries to inverters? How big a load causes the alarm?
0 Likes 0 ·
fijitech avatar image fijitech kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The alarm seems to be coming from one of the Multiplus Inverters. I receive the alarm on the GX Touch.

The run from the batteries to the inverters is ~5.5ft.

The load can range from a cell phone charging to a heavy load like a vacuum. More often than not it's the refrigerator kicking on. I;m trying to tweak the VRM portal to give me a graph to post on here.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Have a look at my post re this I have not determined the full issue yet so look at what your BMS is doing as it maybe setting the CCL CVL DCL settings to zero or sum such thing and causing the low voltage to trigger.

see what you can see,

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/131402/low-battery-voltage-warning-24v-multiplus-3000.html?childToView=131548#comment-131548

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fijitech avatar image fijitech commented ·
I do not have a BMS appliance, however my batteries have a built in BMS that I have not been able to access. The Manufacturer is sending me a specific Ethernet to USB they use to run the software.

Would the BMS within the batteries cause the Multiplus to trip?

0 Likes 0 ·