question

Steve Byrne avatar image
Steve Byrne asked

Monitoring multiple AC inverters on off grid system

I've an off grid system using 2 parallel 3kw multis (4xx recent firmware), a CCGX, BMV-700. These are running from batteries, and a DC solar setup.
I also have ac coupled inverters - a 3kw turbine running through an Aurora GTI, connected to AC Out, and another 4kw GTI running from a second solar array, also on AC out.
Until now I have displayed output from the turbine using an AC Current sensor, connected to one of the multis, which displays as 'PV Inverter' in my CCGX display.
I've added the second GTI, and am measuring it using an Energy Meter ET112, set up as PV Inverter in the CCGX.

My question is - can I get both of these to display similtaneously on my CCGX screen, and is there any way to alter the name that is displayed? (I realise I can alter the device name of the ET112, but it doesn't display this name). If I exchange the Current Sensor for a second energy meter, will that have any effect on the ability to display both? I should add that both seem to be working fine, it is merely a question of displaying the information in both CCGX and on the VRM.

CCGX Color ControlEnergy MeterAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Lackan Cottage Farm

In VRM you have separate graphs (in the advanced page) for every current / energy sensor.
on the CCGX display you can only have one DC and one AC generator on the output side.
If you run on grid-power, you can also show a generator on the input side.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve Byrne avatar image Steve Byrne commented ·

So will the CCGX show the total sum of the AC generators on the output side, or will it simply select one of the two?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Steve Byrne commented ·

The total sum, they will show up as PV generator

0 Likes 0 ·