question

peter-lourens avatar image
peter-lourens asked

Cannot see Blue Nova batteries on Cerbo GX device list

I am busy with a new set up, which consist of:

Mutiplus II 48/5000/70

x2 Blue Nova BN52V-100-5.2K BP Lithium batteries

Cerbo GX

Batteries connected parallel as per manual. CAN 1 on master connected to Cerbo BMS-CAN port, with only pin 7 & 8 in cable connected. Second BMS-CAN port has terminator. CAN 2 on master connected to CAN 1 on 2nd battery, and terminator in CAN 2 of 2nd battery. Multiplus connected to VE BUS on Cerbo.

In VRM Portal, I can see the Multiplus on the device list of the Cerbo. BUT I CANNOT SEE THE BLUE NOVA BATTERIES!! What do I have wrong?

The Multiplus is happily charging/inverting to/from the batteries.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxbattery chargingLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

CAN uses 3 wires. High, Low and Ground. So you're missing a wire. Much like their support, docs must be off.

screenshot-2023-07-12-at-075813.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-lourens avatar image peter-lourens commented ·

@nickdb I got another cable with Pin 3 also connected. Made no difference. As per the Blue Nova manual and also this post https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/152084/multiplus-ii-with-bluenova-bn52v-100-52k-bp-what-c.html , only Pin 7 & 8 is needed. So there must be something else wrong. Any other ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The Victron definitely specifies the 3 pins. Did you connect the battery end ground to the right pin number?

If the battery is correctly set to support victron comms and the baud rate is correct it should work.

You can try connect it to VE.CAN instead which is 250Kb/s in case the battery isn't running at the 500Kb/s BMS.CAN is expecting.

How are the DIP switches set?

250/500 is the baud rate.

screenshot-2023-07-14-at-145520.png

1 comment
2 |3000

peter-lourens avatar image peter-lourens commented ·
Great, thank you. Problem was dip switch #5 was not set to ON. (and working with only the 2 pins). Your help is much appreciated.
0 Likes 0 ·