question

kenzo avatar image
kenzo asked

VRM "from grid" value very wrong in 3-phase system

Since all loads go through the Multiplus, I'd expect measurements to be close to what my "official" meter gives me, however the values are very much off.

Today, VRM shows me 6.5 kWh imported from the grid, while the meter shows 0.1 kWh only. When it comes to power sent into the grid, the values are very close (59 vs 61 kWh). Grid metering is configured to "Inverter/Charger", there is no other additional meter installed. Is there any way this can have been misconfigured on my end?

Multiplus-IIVRMEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
edvanz avatar image
edvanz answered ·

This seems to be a trend, many have the same problem when paralleled system, I have the same causing under utilization or overload on the generator or tripping shore power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kenzo

The grid meter uses a shunt system, the multiplus uses a CT. A CT is not as accurate as a shunt.

Also the way grid providers vary in billing structure also might have something to do with it. (Active and reactive power and power factor)

1 comment
2 |3000

kenzo avatar image kenzo commented ·

Thanks, @Alexandra - I also did find this in the FAQ, what's interesting to me is the huge difference in deviation between egress and ingress.

0 Likes 0 ·