question

joe-horton avatar image
joe-horton asked

Need of settings for Victron battery, Lynx BMS, Cerbo GX and a combined manual please

I'm in real need for a list of startup settings and a manual written for a complete Victron system as opposed to separate manuals with all the if-this-then-that depending on a large variety of connected equipment. My system, all bought this spring (2023), is 2 Victron batteries (24v each 200ah wired thru one Tee fuse at 300A), Lynx BMS, Cerbo GX, Multplus 2 3000/24v-70 (wired thru your Lynx distributor and a 250 Amp Mega fuse), Blue Smart MPPT 100/30 with 6 panels each 100 watts, 2p3s, and I have a DC to AC extra inverter so my van power looks like shore power and I am current limiting both at 12 amps thru a shore/gen rotary switch, ie one or the other or none but not both. You have a write up entitled US Van Manual and Drawing VE.Bus BMS V2...... but not for a Lynx BMS system.

My problem centers on my local Vanbuilder pro serving as my consultant uses Multiplus but not a Victron external BMS nor Cerbo GX. I have no one local to seek help from. In the big city nearby is a large custom conversion place but they don't use Victron equipment. My system has been on about 6 weeks. It behaves strangely at low AC loads, say less than 10 watts and often the Multplus shuts down and gives a "low battery alert" even though the battery is at 27.0 volts. Folks on a forum suggested my 120 volt frig was sending some surge as the compressor turns off, so I added 2 outlet strips with surge suppressors and led indicators. I'm beginning to think I need an always on small AC load. I have read section 8 on DVCC, from whichever manual it came from, several times but still don't understand "Limit Managed battery voltage" which is set at 55 volts. If I turn it on, I can't enter 28.4 volts so I leave it off. Also under parameters/Lynx BMS/Cerbo Screen, CCL is set at 400 amps and DCL at 600 amps, both seem rather large considering my specs listed above. I cannot change these.

As you know, a complete Victron system is not cheap, so I think an integrated manual is not too much to expect. I tried ChapGPT to read all 5- 80 page manuals and it gave reasonably good general answers but couldn't do the specifics. I was so clueless as to be embarrassed my first 3 days when I was asking Peter at PKYS for help (my dealer for all), but now I am nearly ready to ask him again for help. I would still prefer a good integrated manual from Victron. Here's my VE config file .48e7da86477f_inst_ttyS4_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel.rvsc (2).txt This would not upload without the .txt. But the difficult settings are in the Lynx BMS and Cerbo not so much in the Multiplus. Thanks Joe

DVCClow battery warninglynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

LED indications, warnings, alarm and error codes

Lynx Smart BMS product page

Lynx Smart BMS online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

DVCC chapter in GX manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic