question

nomikos-ergas avatar image
nomikos-ergas asked

400kwh victron lithium batteries in one system?

Hi,

i am designing a ESS system with a 120kva generator 6 Quattro 15kva inverters and a battery bank of 400kwh of storage, needed of the installation.

I know that a maximum of 20 x 25.6v 200AH batteries can be connected to a lynx smart bms for a maximum 102kwh battery.

I know that i can make a 4 batteries with 4 different lynx bms so i can achieve the 400kwh storage and fuse connect them to a main dc buss.

Is there a way they can all be controlled from a single cerbo?

Thanks,

Lithium BatteryDVCClynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hjohnson avatar image
hjohnson answered ·

You might want to consider a different battery supplier for batteries that large. Pylontech, for example, is well supported within the Victron Ecosystem and likely can grow to that scale. That said, I'm looking at a larger system for our microgrid (300kVA capacity, 6 hour runtime, for grid stiffening) which means we're probably looking at an Eaton system, rather than Victron (as much as I like victron).

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nomikos-ergas avatar image nomikos-ergas commented ·
Thank you for your replay,

Pylontech are know for the capabilities, but depending of the region you don't always have good suppliers & support for the product.

What if having 4 different set's of batteries with 4 lynx smart bms 1000, 4 cerbos and fusing them to a main buss bar and use ATC/ATD contacts to charge & discharge??

0 Likes 0 ·
manta avatar image manta nomikos-ergas commented ·
Would be cool to see an all Victron setup like that!

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ nomikos-ergas commented ·
Best discuss with your Victron supplier. They should help and get the configuration right. You don't want expensive errors.
0 Likes 0 ·
iand avatar image
iand answered ·

Wouldn't you be better using a (Victron-supported) battery supplier whose batteries are designed for paralleling up in large arrays? For example the BYD LVL15.4 can be scaled up to 64 units which is 983kWh.

3 comments
2 |3000

manta avatar image manta commented ·

Can be, But Victrons own system landscape has the options to make an all Victron setup for sure ive seen it before on youtube, but i think its going to be quite costly, i am sure you could have a talk with them about the options. Like kevgermany said, an error can be very expensive.

0 Likes 0 ·
iand avatar image iand manta commented ·
Indeed, just the 400kWh of batteries will cost about EUR200k...
0 Likes 0 ·
manta avatar image manta iand commented ·

Similar sized off-grid containers cost around 600 euro a Kwh. Complete. I have heard from a friend who is in the tugboat business. They have 2 containers with i think it was 6x a 10000Va multiplus. When use 19" battery's i calculated you can get 400kwh lifepo4 (grade-a) for around 70-90K. Battery's should at least work for 5 - 10 years.

0 Likes 0 ·