question

pyrlix avatar image
pyrlix asked

PV-Inverter adds to ACLoads since VenusOS3.0

Hello there,

i have a small on-grid PV-System with around 2kWp equipped with EnPhase IQ7+ inverters. It all gets fed directly into the grid and dynamically used by my EV or hot-water poiler.

Everything was working well using MQTT and a ET112 aswell as a ET340 connected to a RPi 3B+.

However since the update to VenusOS3.0 the calculation on the VRM Portal and the onboard-dashboard is completely disfunctional.

1688286795788.png

The ET112 is reading 248W, which is the solar generation of my enphase inverters. It sits behind the ET340 - how it should be. Its also wired up correctly, as it worked before just fine.

It gets especially absurd once the PV-Inverter produces way more than the total consumption of the system and it starts to display 1.8kW AC Loads, which also counts towards the statistics in the VRM Portal.

What am i doing wrong, or rather: what went wrong?

Sure i dont have a MultiPlus or anything. Thats something i plan for my "Stage 4" as the whole system grew from a basic balcony 600W to a 2100W System with excess useage, but as it worked before 3.0 i dont think there is any issue with the wiring.

VRMVenus OSRaspberry Piet112 pv readings
1688286795788.png (110.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
mr-manuel avatar image
mr-manuel answered ·

It looks like you have no MultiPlus or Quattro right? In this case some data is missing for the dbus-systemcalc-py to calculate the data correctly. The PV data should be equal to the L1 load in your case.

I also have the same issue for my test system and I‘m fixed this with a MultiPlus emulator, but never tested it with a three phase system: https://github.com/mr-manuel/venus-os_dbus-multiplus-emulator

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fmac avatar image
fmac answered ·

Maybe you have the same strange behavior after upgrade to Ver. 3.0, like me

Somewhere here in this Community I found the hint : just plug a MK3-USB interface, only for ounce

That did it for me

2 |3000

pyrlix avatar image
pyrlix answered ·

Dont know if that would solve it, especially since i dont own a Mk3-USB Interface cable...

2 |3000

pyrlix avatar image
pyrlix answered ·

Pushing this up for visibility. For now there is no real solution for me.

I dont see connecting a Mk3-USB Interface to my Rpi as a solution, especially since i would need to buy one just for fixing a bug in software.

For now i consider abandoning VRM and Victron as a whole as i wanted to go MP-II 3000 with 52V battery in 2-3 years but this completely took away my confidence in the product.

2 |3000

pyrlix avatar image
pyrlix answered ·

Cheers that fixed it for now - its funny that the issue only appeared with 3.0 onwards...

Atleast the calculation is fine now. Works just fine with 3ph.

2 |3000