question

larsenf avatar image
larsenf asked

Blue smart ip67 charger with venus os

I love being able to monitor my system with the vrm portal, its a 48v lifepo4 system but I have a blue smart ip67 charger for my generator 12v starting battery. Is there a way to get that charger to talk to my my raspberry pi running venus os (or a cerbo gx for that matter) so that I can monitor the health of that starting battery remotely and even control the blue smart charger? If not what is the best way to get a voltage reading from that battery into my vrm portal?

VRMVenus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @larsenf

The only way I can think of to get a V on VRM that's external to the main system is to use (say) a Smartshunt, and allocate it's Aux port to a reading of Starter Battery V. This gets the full treatment on VRM, like graphs and alarms. You could use the shunt's main functionality for whatever you choose, but you'd need to have a common earth between the batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.