question

wengelhart avatar image
wengelhart asked

Cerbo losing VE.Bus connection

Good afternoon

We have an issue with the connection between the Cerbo and the Easyplus (Multiplus Compact) 12/1600 being unstable. The symptoms:

• The Easyplus does not appear on the Cerbo.
  • The Easyplus appears but no data is displayed.
  • The above, combined with the Easyplus stopping to work (charge/invert), regardless of the position of the hardware switch on the Easyplus.

The only measure solving the above is a hard power-cycle of the Cerbo, a reboot alone does not help.

The issues appear when starting up the entire system (apparently the Easyplus must be running before the Cerbo is switched on for the latter to recognise the former). But we also saw the issues materialising after several days of operation, without an obvious trigger.

Obviously, as we right now have not the possibility to power-cycle the Cerbo remotely (should we work in this direcion? Is that considered best practice), remote operation of the system is right now problematic.

Many thanks for any advice!

Cerbo Firmware: 3.0

Multiplus see attached

img-1082.jpeg

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.busVE.Bus
img-1082.jpeg (109.1 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@wengelhart

Are you using a self made or a factory made utp cable? What is its length?

0 Likes 0 ·
wengelhart avatar image wengelhart Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It‘s a factory-made Victron-supplied cable. Not sure about the exact length, though it should be about 5 meters.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
You’re not connecting a mk3 usb adapter at the same time to the vebus?
0 Likes 0 ·
wengelhart avatar image wengelhart nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
No, there is a direct link between the MultiPlus and the Cerbo. Nothing else on the line.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

check to see if the ve bus cable is running close to some other AC cables if it is then I sugest you reroute the cable, best to test this by running a new cable across the floor away from any other cables that can produce interferance to see how it operates.

I would also upgrade the 481 ironware to 505 firmware

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wengelhart avatar image wengelhart commented ·
Thanks. I will update the firmware in due course, but rerouting the cable in a meaningful way will not be possible, and I also do not see major sources of interference on the way. Is the link really that sensistive?
0 Likes 0 ·