question

Masquelier Pierre avatar image
Masquelier Pierre asked

How are measured the specifications on the Easy Solar II GX 's documentation?

Hello,

In the documentation of EasySolar II GX 48/3000 the maximum inverter's efficiency is defined @ 95%. But the Victron technical documentation does not say at what temperature and power this value is effective.

Do you have some explanations about of the value of 95% defined in the technical spec?

The Victron tool kit does not explain this value with the derating figure. In real life, I measure 87% of efficiency @ 1700W in the pure resistive load @ 17° of ambiant temperature. It's represents 240W of losses dissipate in the inverter!

Is it correct @ 17° of ambiant temperature?

is the inverter derate? I don't know if it fails because I don't have the internal temperature!

It is not clear in the specifications that the temperature is the ambiant temperature or internal temperature. In normal specification, all temperature of that kind of product shall be defined in ambiant temperature. And the derating must be defined with internal temperature of electronic (higher than ambiant temperature).

What is the true definition of value of internal temperature and how this value is measured?.

In my case, the fan is not even running, it is normal i assume @ 17° ambient for 1700W on permanent resistive load.

The efficiency of 95% is not achievable on my Easy Solar II GX 3000 @ any load.

The power used by the inverter itself is 31W @ any load (not 11W defined in the documentation).

(This value 31W is measured @25° ambiant with external PW3335 power meter on ACin or Fluke multimeter on batterie, and the different external and internal Victron AC or DC measurements are in good relation less than 2 - 5 % of inaccuracy and do not explain this difference of internal losses 200% of différence) .

are this values within production tolerances for the internal consumption? or is my easysolar is good?

How can I see the internal temperature of electronic by remote command?

In the assistant, the temperature prealarm can be used to stop the process in the case of overheat,

but the temperature threshold is not defined in the documentation? hysteresis? and what are the thresholds of the true alarm and pre-alarm? or where is the true documentation on the web site?

My concern; What is the risk of using the temperature alarm instead of the pre-alarm to stop the inverter process?

It is important for the lifespan of the product!

Can you have all responses or partial response of questions in bold?... Thanks.

There are big holes in the Victron documentation, and I think the Pros have clear answers about that. The distributor do not have those responses...

Pierre

temperaturealarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@PierreM

Not officially but ther is user Raphael who did something. See his answer on this thread. The easy 2 is probably based closely on the multi 2 just the same way the older easy solars were based on the original multiplus. With the addition of the mppt and gx internally, which would add loads to the DC.

If you arent using shunt measurement then maybe that is what is skewing results. The internal measurements are not ultra accurate on the unit. Good enough for a general overview for most users, but if you are really into your numbers you would need to change the way you measure stuff in the system

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Masquelier Pierre avatar image
Masquelier Pierre answered ·

Hello, thank you for the answer and the links given. Raphael's DC curves give for the same operating point a little less than 91% while I measure 87% in AC. or 4% difference @1700W. With the uncertainties of 2.2% and 2.5% of mine, the measures are quite consistent. The internal measurements in the Victron device also correlate well on my device. I am reassured that my Easy Solar is good.
That said, the inverter begin to derate at this power. In this case, I have to monitor overheating and stop processes to ensure a long service life. What do you advise? My concern: Use pre-alarms or alarms.
Do you know the internal temperature thresholds at which these alarms and pre alarm are given?
Can the Easysolar's internal temperature be measured by remote commands?

Pierre

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic