question

Bob Sweeney avatar image
Bob Sweeney asked

Alarm Rules doesn’t show temperature probe

I have a temperature probe connected directly to my Venus hub and it is used to monitor the general temperature inside the battery compartment on my RV. I had set up an alarm rule to warn of low temperature but realized I had set it up incorrectly. I deleted the Alarm Rule but now the temperature probe does not show up on the drop down list for selecting devices for Alarm Rules. I checked the Venus device but it just shows Internal Temperature as an option. How do I get the temperature probe back so I can set up an Alarm Rule?

temperaturealarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I think you are selecting the Venus device as the "Device" in step 1/4.

In step 1/4 "Device" drop down, scroll down to the bottom and choose Generic Temperature and then go from there:

1603040827731.png (20.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bob Sweeney avatar image
Bob Sweeney answered ·

I verified again but when selecting ‘Device’ there is no temperature sensor listed. The sensor does show up on the Device List.

2 |3000

Bob Sweeney avatar image
Bob Sweeney answered ·

I deleted the temperature probe from the device list and it re-loaded. Still not showing up as a device under the Alarm Rules settings.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic