question

markess avatar image
markess asked

What's going on with VRM?

VRM has not worked properly for weeks and today I've lost my installation from the menu, it's just a blank screen saying Add Installation.

Does anyone at Victron have an idea of timeframe when it will be back or know how I can see my system in the meantime? I guess I do need a backup of some sort.

Does anyone have a Node-RED dashboard showing ESS basics for example. Most of my flows are solar forecasts or modifying ESS behaviour for utility tarrifs, I didn't expect to need to use the dashboard to see VRM-like stats.

VRMNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
janieronen avatar image
janieronen answered ·

VRM instances are down also for me so maybe related to other issues with VRM. About not relying only to VRM I am using home assistant- home automation for calculating all needed energy figures and charts etc. And for external control of Victron setups I am using node-RED as PLC. That way its not critical does my system have connection to internet and. VRM Portal.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

markess avatar image
markess answered ·

Yes I looked at Home Assistant, but as Node-RED comes on the GX I will stick with that. I will create a simple backup dashboard.

Is it possible to access the GX Node-RED dashboard when not on the GX's network (e.g. from open internet) without going via the Venus OS Large relay on VRM? That is not working currently.

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, again :-),

this looks like a promising solution for accessing things remotely, without relying on VRM and also without doing port forwarding / opening a port in your router firewall (please don’t do that) to me:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/205323/venus-os-ngrok.html

2 |3000