question

danapple avatar image
danapple asked

GlobalLink 520 location

Dear Community,

Is a GlobalLink 520 intended to determine its location via LTE-M triangulation and report that location to VRM? Or is VRM supposed to do this work? In either case, I do not get location information for my GlobalLink 520. If it is supposed to do so, is there something I need to enable?

Sincerely,
Daniel.

VRMgloballinklte-m
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

On the main menu for your installation in VRM, go to SETTINGS, then SET LOCATION.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danapple avatar image danapple commented ·
I've gone to that page, but don't see anything that says something like "Use LTE-M location". Am I missing it? (I do not want to set the location manually.)

Thanks,
Daniel.

0 Likes 0 ·
jolir avatar image jolir danapple commented ·
Mine set itself automatically. However, I believe the default is the nearest LTE-M tower. So, I then tweaked the location manually to move the location just a small bit to get it exact.
0 Likes 0 ·
danapple avatar image danapple jolir commented ·
Hi, @Jolir Thanks for the help. I think that the LTE-M towers here must not be providing location information, so I just won't get that set automatically. The installation is on a boat, so setting it manually isn't all that useful. :-)

Thanks,

Danie.

0 Likes 0 ·
jolir avatar image jolir danapple commented ·
My installation is also on a boat. I have set up a Geofence via the VRM/GL520 such that if the boat moves from its mooring, it will alert me.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic