question

ceriw avatar image
ceriw asked

Quattro input current limits paralelled

I have a parallel setup of 48/8000 Quattros powering my house. I have acquired a 3.6kVA generator that I would like to add just to give the solar panels a boost on overcast weeks. The lowest I can set the current limit on the Quattros whilst still using power boost is 11A I believe, so 2 in parallel is way over the capability of the generator.

Are either of the following possible:

Reduce combined lower current limit within the spec of my generator whilst still using power boost?

Connect the generator to only 1 of the paralleled Quattros?

Thanks

battery chargingGeneratorcurrent limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ceriw avatar image
ceriw answered ·

I'm guessing the lack of answers indicate that neither of these cases is possible?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

Hello

I understand your issue, I also have a parallel setup and I also would like to have a lower minimum. A related question I posted some time ago was to make it easier to disconnect only the slave for specific times. Or have a kind of 1+1 backup solution, that is, not the 2 in parallel all the time. This would have the benefits of lower minimum input and 1/2 of the inverter standby consumption over night. For Winter this is important. In fact, I only need the parallel occasionally, when running large loads.

I didn't have much replies, but I didn't lose hope either that Victron might think of this...

EDIT: (possible) related question:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/17221/multiplus-modes-of-operation-with-multiple-units-p.html

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop