question

ewbcvec avatar image
ewbcvec asked

Generator support on a parallel system?

If I had 3 parallel Multi's or Quattro's (eg: 48/5000) and a small generator (7.5A continuous, 9.1A max) and the latest firmware that allows generator support to start as low as 3.9A per inverter or 11.7A total , how can I get generator support to work during a grid outage? Do I need to turn off one of the 3 inverters? Can I do that easily in a parallel configured system? Could I feed the generator into just one of the inverter's? or two?

battery chargingGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello, What you could do is have the three phase units, which as default switch as a group switch independent. Normally they are all either in inverter mode or in passthrough/charger mode. By de-selecting [switch as group] in the VE bus system configurator programm a system can be in partly charger mode and others in inverter mode. (all the time there is a full three phase output of course) Beware that L1 is the master so the single phase generator must be connected there.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ewbcvec avatar image ewbcvec commented ·

Ok. What if its not 3-phase, but 3 (or 2) in parallel with a single phase output. Does this answer still apply?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic