question

stevebriz avatar image
stevebriz asked

Monitor and alarm shore power kWh consumption

My shore power is via a prepay meter. I’d really like to set an alert to tell me when to top it up. Is there any way to do this? Using a Quattro and CCGX, considering upgrading to a Cerbo. Planning on adding solar soon too.

Adding a bit more info: cooking on induction and heating via heat pump (via original keel coolers!) so will be all-electric once I’ve upgraded the drive, and I’m aiming to be off-grid in the summer, but will need shore power in the winter. I’m loving the Victron gear, would just like to get a notification once I’ve used X kWh of shore, to remind me to top up.

gridmonitoringalarmshorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@stevebriz i assume you are talking about a yacht or power boat. I used to have the boat plugged in to mains but I am now on a swing mooring and rely totally on solar. What is the size of the boat and what are you trying to keep running? Maybe you could disconnect from mains and not worry about prepaying anything if you add the solar panels.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevebriz avatar image stevebriz commented ·

Thanks for the tips. I’m on a Dutch barge houseboat, done a pretty mega refurb and refit. Got 9.6kWh of LiFePo smart batts. About to install solar but am cooking on induction and heating with a heat pump, and eventually switching to electric drive (gotta save up a bit more for that inc increasing storage!). Will be able to be off-grid in the summer by my calcs, but will need to top up in the winter.

Happy with my system and plans, but any tips on monitoring shore consumption?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic