question

tristramg avatar image
tristramg asked

Is it worth updating old multiplus firmware?

Hello,

I have an old Multiplus Compact 2000 1918141.
I installed the usb dongle, because I want to get some insights to help me to know how to expand the system.

The app says I must upgrade at least to 415. The inverter stops working, and I can’t control it. Disconnecting the RJ45 cable it works again.

As far as I understood, I have a small microprocessor and I cannot upgrade to 415.
So is it worth upgrading to the latest version (1918209) to get the information I want?
I don’t have an mk3 cable, so I have to find a retailer willing to lend me one, but I don’t want to take any risk if it’s useless.

Thank you!

firmware updatemultiplus ve.busVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dušan Klofutar avatar image Dušan Klofutar commented ·
Hello,
  • I have the same upgrade question last year for my old Multiplus 12/3000/120, with microprocessor 1909143.
  • The answear from Victron are: if the system work as it should, there is no need to upgrade firmware to avoid complications. I have MK3 to USB adapter conected to my raspberry pi, so i can monitoring and change settings just fine for my system.
0 Likes 0 ·
tristramg avatar image tristramg Dušan Klofutar commented ·
Thank you for your answer, however I would like avoiding buying yet another dongle, and complicate the setup.

I guess I’ll just ignore what is happening in details…

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

a 19 series processor cant upgrade to above fw205

best way is to upgrade the unit

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tristramg avatar image tristramg commented ·

That’s what I feared. Thank you.

Can you just upgrade the micro-processor part or do I need the buy a new multi?

0 Likes 0 ·