question

ericflex avatar image
ericflex asked

Multiplus Compact 12/1600VA doesn't work with ve.bus smart dongle

I bought a Multiplus Compact 12V/1600VA and the matching ve.bus smart dongle in October 2021. Unfortunately, the Multiplus that is connected to the dongle with a CAT6 cable is still not recognised in the Victron Connect app on my iPhone.

Temperature and voltage are displayed.

I don't have a Cerbo and have waited longer than 30 seconds. MP is switched on, of course.

I have tried both connections in the MP and also a different cable. I have also had switches 1 on and 2 off on the switch board.

Now the reason could be that the firmware on the MP is too low, but since the device is from 10/21, it should also fit.

What else could be the cause?

multiplus ve.busVE.BusVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@EricFlex

By the device is from 10/21, is that when you bought it or when the device was manufactured?

You will need to check the number on the chip for the firmware that is loaded. Look for a seven digit number (eg. 2654153) which you'll find printed on a sticker on the control board. The first four digits indicate the model. The last three digits 415 or higher for the dongle to work.

Are you using a standard UTP RJ45 cable?

I have a 12/1600 at home with a smart dongle but am running the latest firmware and all is ok.

Temperature and voltage are measured by the dongle itself so not an indication of connection to the ve bus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ericflex avatar image
ericflex answered ·

Thank you for the advice, unfortunately I have been waiting 2 weeks for the original cable from Victron.

As soon as I have it, I will go back to the vehicle and check the serial number. But I think it will fit, as I bought it new from the dealer at the end of 2021.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is VE.Bus?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic