question

briantax avatar image
briantax asked

VE.Bus Smart Dongle Messes Up Multiplus Charging Profile?

My new MultiPlus 3000 12 120 seems to charge my Lithium batteries just fine, stays in bulk for a while with charge current close to max, then to absorption with charge current still fairly high. This is the same for no VE.Bus connected or the MK3-USB connected.

My issue is that when I connect my new Smart dongle, it does a super short bulk < 1 min, and absorption goes to less than 5 amps, so charging takes forever.

I have not seen anything on this, am I missing a setting, I have checked connections, changed cables, I am at a loss? Is it possible I have a bad dongle?

Thanks for your help, Brian

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingmultiplus ve.busVE.Bus Smart Dongle
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

briantax avatar image briantax commented ·
I may have found the source of the issue, it looks like the dongle is reading the voltage as about .65 too higher than the Multiplus, BMV, and multimeter. I am going to try out another dongle and see if that is the issue. I found few others reporting a similar issue with the dongle.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@briantax

Maybe the input current limit is influenced by the dongle when you plug it in and it is set too low?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.