question

damian-pope avatar image
damian-pope asked

How to start a Dump Load (AC2 out) MultiPlus-ii

Hello, Thank you for reading this.

My system is:

Color Control GX

MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 (50A ext sensor)

BMV-712 Smart

SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/60

10kW of lead batteries.

I am trying to create a dump load when the SOC is full (nearly full). To switch on a small under counter water heater (approximately 15ltrs)

This Victron video says that it is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT89QtG2pS4

I went onto the professional Victron page but couldn't find any videos where it showed how to do it. Although I did find other videos confirming that it could be done! Just not how to do it!

I found this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJGP3G0P7no&t=196s

Which explains it really simply. I believe I have managed to follow this video (as I can modify the assistant files and confirm they are uploaded as I can then download the modified assistant file) but my AC2 doesn't seem to come on. I have followed the comments below the video and tried turning the Multiplus ii off and on a couple of times yet that doesn't seem to sort the issue.

I am at a loss to know what to try next. Any ideas please?

Could some one please help. Please try and keep it simple. I can see there are some very very clever people in this community... I am not one of them! Don't feel that you are talking down to me! I was want this thing to work.

Thank you.

Multiplus-IIBMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color ControlAssistantsac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

You write, that you have lead batteries. You need to load till 100% for balancing a 10Kw Pb bank ... maybe for hours .

And by the way, 15 Liters are not very useful for a dump Load.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

You seem to be on the right course.

Don't forget you need 2 x relay assistants - one to turn the relay for AC2 on and one to turn it off.

Simply load 2 x relay assistants, adjust the settings for voltage or SOC on and one for off.

2 |3000