question

Billy Newport avatar image
Billy Newport asked

CCGX with VECAN NMEA, BMV7** on NMEA?

Hi,

I have a CCGX with a VECan NMEA cable. It have a multiple and 3 BMV VE Direct meter plugged in to the CCGX.

I can see some information on my plotter but I do not see an NMEA instance for each BMV plugged in to the CCGX. Is this supported? I also don't see a power out value for my Inverter NMEA device? Is there a document somewhere explaining what NMEA objects and values a GX device will push to NMEA when connected?

I have 2 3kw multiplus. one has a GX and the other a CCGX. Should I add an NMEA VE Can cable to those also or what do I lose by just using the CCGX NMEA link versus connecting the multiplus directly?

Multiplus-IIBMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color ControlNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Billy Newport, there wasn't - at least not comprehensive. And now there is information, see here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#marine_mfd_integration_by_nmea_2000

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.