question

maxmeister avatar image
maxmeister asked

Can I control the Peak Power Pack via a VE.Direct connection to a SmartShunt?

I have read https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/4499/peak-power-pack-with-bmv-712.html and searched the forum without an answer to my question (or I have not found it...):

When I connect the Peak Power Pack VE.Direct Port with an cable to the VE.Direct Port of the SmartShunt, can I then control the Peak Power Pack via a Bluetooth connection to the SmartShunt? My mobile connects to the SmartShunt and with the App I can then control the SmartShunt (Mobile->Bluetooth->SmartShunt) and the PeakPowerPack (Mobile->Bluetooth->SmartShunt->VE.Direct->Peak Power Pack).

SmartShuntBluetoothPeak Power Pack
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I don't think so. Both of these devices are VE direct slaves - i.e. expected to respond to requests on the VE direct cable. So the smart shunt isn't capable of generating requests to the Peak power pack. It may be able to listen for data from the PPP, as this is broadcast every second. however, you may end up with both Tx data connected and both Rx data connected, so this is not likely to work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.