question

Thomas Sowa avatar image
Thomas Sowa asked

ModeIsAdjustable = 0, Charge Batteries till 80% SoC

Hello everyone,

i have a newly installed setup in our boat.

We installed a cerbo gx, a quattro 24/5000/100, Lynx distributors, Lynx powerin, Lynx Shunt, 2 x 200AH Lifepo4 24v, an VE.Bus BMS V2 and an Smartsolar 150/35 together with 2 540W Panels.

The System works very well, as expected.

But I am not able to switch the Quattro in any mode remotely.

In node-red I cannot use the VE.Bus Controller to changer the switch setting. I can see that the Setting ModeIsAdjustable is 0.

What I want to achieve is the following:

I want to run the System as inverter from 100% SoC to 50%SoC then I want it to charge the batteries. But I want it to stop at 80% SoC so that the sun can handle the rest the following day.

I was thinking that I might be able to achieve that via node-red an setting the mode to inverter only once 80% SoC ist reached when charging.

But it doesn't seem to be possible, at least for me.

Anyone did the same already oder can help in any way?

Thanks a lot

Tom

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxBMS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Thomas Sowa

I think because you have the victron bms, there will be a conflict for lack of a better way of describing it. I could be corrected. It has something to do with bus control priority.

If I recall there is a thread or two that mentions something about it. Cant find it right now.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/174955/cerbo-gxvrm-remote-inverter-shutdownstartup.html

There are other options....

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Sowa avatar image Thomas Sowa Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thank you very much @Alexandra,

thanks to your hints I found the problem. Somehow I got the wiring at the bus wrong.

I changed it so that now the cerbo is directly connected to the remote port of the bms.

Now it works like a charm and the ModeIsAdjustable is now 1.

best regards

Tom

1 Like 1 ·
0 Answers