question

billknny avatar image
billknny asked

Multiplus Battery temperature in Node-RED

I am sure I am overlooking something here,

I can't seem to find the Multiplus read battery temperature in any of the Node-RED nodes. It certainly shows on my console so the data is there, and in VRM, and I can easily access the battery temperature sensors directly connected to the Cerbo, and the one connected to the BMV, but link to the Multiplus message containing battery temperature, I can not find...

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Hi @billknny, yes the battery temperature as reported by the MultiPlus/VE.Bus device is not (yet) available in the related parameter drop down list - I will make a request for this to be added into a future update.

But in the meantime you can still successfully integrate battery temperature as reported by the MultiPlus/VE.Bus device by using Modbus.

Turn on Modbus communication in the GX device, install a Modbus node set using 'Manage palette' and set it up to read from register 61 at your GX devices IP.

For more information on interfacing with a GX device using Modbus and to download the Modbus register list see: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:modbustcp_faq

1614651448035.png

1614651448035.png (14.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

billknny avatar image billknny commented ·

Mark,

Helpful answers, as always!

You don't want to know how many times I scrolled though all the possible places it might have been before I asked!

0 Likes 0 ·