question

faza avatar image
faza asked

How activate bms monitoring in venus with a 123smart bms

Hi all,

I already asked to the community this question one year ago but I try again.

I have a venus gx which monitors one Quattro 12/3000, one mppt smart solar 150/100, 1 bmv712, 1 BP65 associated with winston batteries 12v 400A which are equipped of a bms 123smart. I explained in a another post how I connected all équipement to take into account the state of bms but it isn't the best way.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/24820/remote-mppt-and-battery-protect-with-programmable.html

How do you set the venus gx and the interconnection between the bms 123smart and équipements to activate the "bms mode" in venus? Activate the ESS mode with bms setting on the Quattro seems a good way to do it but I don t succeed.

The "bms mode" permits to disable or enable all chargers or loads in the same time like when we use a Ve-Bus Bms.

@Paul B: if you read me, you have explain me a method to do it but I don t understand.

Thanks for your help

Fabien

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its best that you get someone who know what they are doing to do the setup for you,

if you dont get it correct then you will damage your batteries sooner or latter, I sugest that you sit down and draw out a diagram of how you have it setup and then post that drawing and we work from there. or contact your installer and get them to help you. there are plent of other post that have the answers in them as I have explained it before and others as well.

There is a diagram thats in the other post that shows you how to use the Aux1 and Temp, you then add a 2 signal BMS assistant and all should be working

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Take a look into the modifications space:
https://community.victronenergy.com/spaces/31/index.html

This is made for not official supported installations.

2 |3000