question

klu03rl avatar image
klu03rl asked

EasySolar 2 won't power up with pylontech battery

Hi

I'm having issues with easySolar 2 48/3000 and pylontech US5000.

Able to start the US5000 and the run light blinks (idling), but when I flip the breaker to connect to the easysolar, the battery goes straight into an internal error on the pylontech BMS with the easysolar screen lighting up for about 0.5 seconds.

I have checked the battery voltage and it is 49.3

This is my first install, so not sure if this is something I am doing wrong or an issue with the easysolar or the pylontech.

Any support would be appreciated, thanks

Richard

Multiplus-IIPylontechEasySolar All-in-Oneerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
gerard-van-seventer avatar image
gerard-van-seventer answered ·

What is the SOC? Are there next to the run led also other leds lit? If not then it seems the battery could be empty. Also if a can cable is connected, try first without it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klu03rl avatar image
klu03rl answered ·

Thanks Gerald, tried without cable and have same issue. The SOC is 3 led's so looks about 50%.

From others installs I have seen a voltage of 49.3 seems normal.

Maybe it could the can cable so I am going to look more into this, but strange I have the same issue with and without the cable.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Did you follow these instructions?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

Guessing you have an easysolar with built in GX. There's a special cable needed for the battery/GX Comms to work.

2 |3000

Without the cable the EasySolar-II should powerup by just connecting the batteries.

If you have a separate power supply of around 48v you could test the EasySolar just to see if that works.

2 |3000

wushoubo avatar image
wushoubo answered ·

Probably the big rush current caused battery BMS enter SC mode

2 |3000

Inrush current is very unlikely since this happens only during installation (not with pylontech unless you connect when powered on) . Once connected it is no issue anymore.

2 |3000