question

davidwilsondoors avatar image
davidwilsondoors asked

Multiplus 2 self consumption with pylontech

I have a Multiplus 2, Solar MPPT and Plylontech US5000. I previously had AGM batteries hooked up to the system and it was working fine. The batteries were being topped up during the day and then in the evening it would switch the grid off, use the batteries to a low SoC then switch the grid back on, leaving the batteries low on SoC until the next day for the solar to charge them. I have just installed the pylontech batteries and changed the settings in VE config to the LiFePo4 batteries including the self-consumption assistant. I selected the LiFePo4 with BMS option, using the default settings for voltages etc. Now when i turn the system on it just says Hub - Passthrough on the screen along with on VRM showing that it isn't using the batteries at all. current SoC is around 50% so there is plenty of change in there. For info the system works as expected with the Pylontech batteries if i leave the self-consumption settings on AGM batteries (although incorrect i know) so seems to be something to do with the settings on the assistant. On the remote console it shows the batteries along with the built in BMS on the device list. Any idea why it has now stopped working and what I can do to fix?

Multiplus-IIPylontechAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jons Collasius avatar image
Jons Collasius answered ·

Did you updateall devices to the newest firmware?
Did you reconfigure your MultiPlus 2 according to this manual?
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

You also should use the ESS Assistant and not the old Hub Assistants.
"Multiplus 2, Solar MPPT and Plylontech US5000" is exactly my setup and it worked out of the box. Just follow the manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·
2 |3000