question

neothehacker avatar image
neothehacker asked

Temperature from Smart Battery Sense not in VRM via Globallink 520

Hi,

I added a Smart Battery Sense to my installation and is connected w/the smart Bluetooth network. i also enabled the Smart Sense on my GlobalLink 520. I see data on the VRM portal, but not the most important one :) the temperature of the battery. Why is it not showing it? Bug?

VRMTemperature Sensorgloballinkwidget vrm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
neothehacker avatar image
neothehacker answered ·

I think the temperature is transmitted to VRM but the graph is faulty. Definitely a bug. @Victron please check and fix. Thanks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

32mike avatar image
32mike answered ·

Originally (about a year ago) had similar problems with the temperature reading being transmitted. It was very sporadic - maybe only transmitted 10% of the time or less. Now it seems to have stabilized so that the temp reading is now always transmitted. I haven’t made any changes to the system.

2 |3000

vandiver avatar image
vandiver answered ·

Hi all, is this topic finally solved or confirmed that works? I am in the same situation, have a Globallink 520 and would like to install two Smart battery Sensor (one to each of my two batteries) to monitor temperature in VRM, but before pulling the trigger would like to confirm that this works as expected, otherwise I can buy a cheap temperature sensor and monitor it with the Tuya Smart app or another alternative would be the Ruuvi sensors, but to be honest this functionality for hte Smart battery sense looks like a no brainer and should be there in our VRM portals.

2 |3000

goffen avatar image
goffen answered ·

I have a GlobalLink with two cabled smartshunts with tempsensors and two ruuvi temp/humid sensors. the Ruuvis deliver temp and humidity all the time, the temp from the smartshunts only occur sporadically in graphs in custom widgets. (At best a few samples per day) But in the battery summary they seems to be there all the time

-Goffen

2 |3000

jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

Unfortunately the Smart Battery Sense was not designed to deliver its data to the VRM portal.

It has no communication to the GX device, it is only communicating within the VRM network.

This topic was mentioned already a few times, but Victron did not react on this (yet).

On the other side, third party sensors like ruuvi are supported...

I think the usecase is different. The smart battery sense is made for (small) systems without GX device where it can deliver useful information to a MPPT charger, but not in larger ESS systems...

2 |3000

Ivar Eisma avatar image
Ivar Eisma answered ·

I would very much like to see this feature added. A ruuvi works all the time , why should the smart battery sense not work.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation