question

er-minio avatar image
er-minio asked

Globallink 520 & VRM solar and battery data widget

Last week I added a Globallink 520 to my (small) solar setup.
I want to use it to monitor remotely solar and battery levels.

Hooked it up, added both my SmartShunt and MPPT 75|10 controller via bluetooth and I was online in a few minutes.

I could see the data from both the devices and both battery charge and solar was shown on the widgets on my phone and on the VRM's dashboard.

After a few days the SmartShunt was no longer seen by the Globallink.
I posted about it here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/153709/globallink-520-and-smartshunt-via-bluetooth.html

The battery charge indicator on widget disappeared from my iPhone and from the VRM's dashboard.

All my devices are within one metre from each other and doesn't seem to be too much interference.

I bought a VE cable, just to be on the safe side and connected the shunt to the Globallink directly.

I could see the battery data flowing in, but still no widget.

I removed and re-added and renamed the Shunt and the battery charge indicator came back, but now solar disappeared.

Removed and readded/renamed solar, but still no indicator on the widget/dashboard.

I tried restarting the globallink to no avail.

Current status:

img-6739.pngimg-6740.png

img-6738.png

Devices seen in the VRM, the names are correct:

screenshot-2023-02-28-at-095119.png

Advanced view, you can see data from shunt and mppt:

screenshot-2023-02-28-at-095319.png

But on dashboard, just battery:

screenshot-2023-02-28-at-095324.png

Anything else to try?

Thanks in advance for any help!

MPPT ControllersVRMSmartShuntgloballinkwidget vrm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
er-minio avatar image
er-minio answered ·

I'm getting another VE cable to wire the MPPT too. Again, "just in case".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

er-minio avatar image
er-minio answered ·

Ok. I now connected both the shunt and the solar controller via VE cable. Disabled the connections over bluetooth.

Removed the VRM instance and created another one.

I saw the solar widget for about 10 minutes, then it disappeared again.

2 comments
2 |3000

wjf avatar image wjf commented ·
@er-minio did you get this sorted? We seem to experience the same problem....

0 Likes 0 ·
er-minio avatar image er-minio wjf commented ·
@WJF sort of... with the VE cables I'm not losing the connection to the shunt.

I think (not sure) that the solar disappears from the widget when the solar is OFF.

I have a few things connected to the load output of the MPPT, so now the solar goes to -1 at night and the solar is (almost( always shown on the widget.

This is definitely a bug though.

1 Like 1 ·