question

larsenf avatar image
larsenf asked

Control multiplus virtual switch from venus device for generator start/stop

Hello, I'm running venus os on a raspberry pi, is there a way to control generator stop/start function from the venus device but use the relay built into my multiplus-ii so I dont have to purchase a relay hat for the raspberry pi?

Multiplus-IIVenus OSRaspberry Pigenerator auto startvirtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

No. The multi relay can only be controlled from within the multi using the virtual switch or an assistant. You can incorporate one of the digital inputs however if you are just looking for a way to turn the auto start functionality on/off without using config.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

There are some simple relay boards that would take the GPIO output of the PI to open/close a relay. Don't need a hat board for just one relay.

1 comment
2 |3000

larsenf avatar image larsenf commented ·

I have two timer relays to operate the function of my generator, I had originally planned on using the n/o and n/c relay outputs to trigger each one but was able to to just have one trigger on no voltage.
0 Likes 0 ·