I've been running my build for almost a year now. And the entire time, have had the issue where if my VenusOS restarts, my Multiplus will alternate between instance 289 and 290.
My understanding is that this was fixed for Victron-made Venus devices in a previous update, but does not seem to be fixed for Raspberry Pi devices. I am running the latest VenusOS. Everything is kept on the latest firmware.
Multiplus-II 48v/120v/3kVA SmartShunt 500A SmartSolar 150/85 VenusOS v2.89 on RaspPi on wifi Lynx Distributor Chinese 48v->12v 14kWh 48v LiFePO4 diy battery Overkill Solar JBD BMS
The Multiplus is connected to my RaspPi via official MK3-USB.
TLDR for instances:
- VE.Bus System (live) - Instance 289
- VE.Bus Sytem (old) - Instance 290
- Battery Monitor - Instance 289
- SmartSolar - Instance 289
That seems obvious in hindsight.
And it's happened over and over (the system has been stable and not restarted often over the last 6 months but happened frequently before that).
It would be excellent if this could be fixed for the next version of VenusOS.
And in the meantime:
- Can someone teach me how to fiddle w/ the code to stop this from happening?
- Can someone tell me how to merge the 2 data sets?