Appreciate you stopping by. I’m new to this area, but I’ve done a bit of research to solution for various other issues.. That said, i now am a bit stumped and would appreciate some help.
Background on my set up:
- 180w NewPowa solar panel x2 (Run in parallel & Fully tested before and after install)
- Victron MPPT Controler 100| 30
- Battle Born LiFePO4 (lithium) 100Ah 12v battery x3 (total 300Ah) run in parallel
- Victron BMV 712 Smart Monitor
Configuration for Victron systems:
Pictured below are my key setting configurations for my set up. I used the manual as well as some other threads to determine my settings.
Settings for the 100| 30 Controler :
Settings for the 712 Smart Monitor:
- Based on my Whole electric system, does my configuration above seem to be accurate or are there pieces that I should re-evaluate?
- Today and yesterday (during the day) my system has been stuck in ”Bulk”, which from what I read, means that the batteries are low and the system will bring in large amounts of power to charge them. The issue is that the batteries are very close to being fully charged. (below is some data from the app showing that I’m stuck on float) . I think its important to point out that I have been able to put a load on this and see my numbers and battery voltage adjust but I continue to stay in “bulk” . What could be causing this?
- Possibly related to #2, today during a sunny day, my solar panels were barely bringing in any watts 30-50w range, while in bulk model. My battery on the monitor was at 95% or 13.4v but it didnt seem like it was going up at all. Any reason why this was happening?
Any help is greatly appreciate. Happy to provide more details around certain aspects.
Here are some additional data grabs...
Below is a picture from the monitor today while having a slight load on it (fan, heater, lights):
Here’s a picture of the van when I bought it.. It’s changed a lottttt since then.