question

tomio avatar image
tomio asked

Lynx Distributor Fuse LED red

Is there any update on the Lynx Distributor Fuse light LED issue? 1 of the 4 slots for the Mega Fuse was empty, so the LED correctly lit up red for that slot. Today I just added a Orion 24/24-17 charger with a 50A fuse. As soon as I added the fuse, the red LED for that slot turned off as expected, and the LED in the middle of the distributor turned green. A few minutes later I noticed that the red LED lights were on again.

I checked the fuse, and it was not blown.

Do I have to reset something here to get the red LED’s to turn off?

fuseslynx shuntlynx distributorled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @tomio

Yes there is an update:

All units with a production date after HQ2244xxxxx (year 2022 week 44) are fixed.

If you have an affected unit you can ask for a replacement unit at a dealer or distributor (preferrably the one you purchased from, but any dealer can help)

Lynx Distributor (M8) LYN060102000 Issue fixed per HQ2244xxxxx

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomio avatar image tomio commented ·

Hi, how do I find that number?

0 Likes 0 ·
linuxfr33k avatar image linuxfr33k tomio commented ·

There is a sticker on the backside of the Lynx, and there's a sticker on the delivery box, too. I'm afraid you'll have to unmount the thing if you threw away the box.

0 Likes 0 ·
jfm1712 avatar image jfm1712 commented ·
Hello Daniel,

I had the same issue (Lynx Distributor red lights) with my initial unit with serial HQ2204. My Victron dealer (in Cascais, Portugal) raised the RMA and I received a new unit with serial HQ2246. I installed it yesterday on my sailing boat. The problem is still there - all LEDs are red. All fuses (Victron Mega fuses) are good, I'm constantly using all the connections (Multiplus, DC power to boat, Solar charging, etc).

As I am currently sailing in Greece, and the Lynx is central to my entire power system, this swap out was a bit 'stressful' but all went perfectly well (I did all the original installation myself too).

I have a 12V-5V converter to power the Lynx Distributor. This is because I use the VE Bus BMS v2 instead of the Lynx BMS (I have Victron Smart Lithium batteries).

Is there anything else I can do to solve this problem?

While the LED lights are not critical to the operation of the system, I purchased the more expensive Lynx Distributor instead of the Power In, exactly for the quick check on fuse status!

Thank you for your input/advice/recommendations.

Joao Mendes

0 Likes 0 ·
linuxfr33k avatar image
linuxfr33k answered ·

Thanks for the information. I also experienced the same issue (HQ2231...). A new Lynx (HQ2245...) immediately solved the problem.

Note to others: To find our your part number, you can look at the delivery box. Alternatively, there's a stick on the back of the device, but you'll have to unmount the Lynx to be able to read it.

2 |3000

jfm1712 avatar image
jfm1712 answered ·

Hello Victron,

I had the same issue (Lynx Distributor red lights) with my initial unit with serial HQ2204. My Victron dealer (in Cascais, Portugal) raised the RMA and I received a new unit with serial HQ2246. I installed it yesterday on my sailing boat. The problem is still there - all LEDs are red. All fuses (Victron Mega fuses) are good, I'm constantly using all the connections (Multiplus, DC power to boat, Solar charging, etc). When power is applied to the Lynx, the LEDs are off and the centre one is green - for 2-3 seconds, then all LEDs go red.

As I am currently sailing in Greece, and the Lynx is central to my entire power system, this swap out was a bit 'stressful' but all went perfectly well (I did all the original installation myself too).

I have a 12V-5V converter to power the Lynx Distributor. This is because I use the VE Bus BMS v2 instead of the Lynx BMS (I have Victron Smart Lithium batteries).

Is there anything else I can do to solve this problem?

While the LED lights are not critical to the operation of the system, I purchased the more expensive Lynx Distributor instead of the Power In, exactly for the quick check on fuse status!

Thank you for your input/advice/recommendations.

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
If all working well, despite the lights, suggest you warn your dealer and let them deal with it when you're back in Portugal. Otherwise contact a dealer where you are at the moment.
0 Likes 0 ·
jfm1712 avatar image jfm1712 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you for your input, yes, I've kept my dealer updated and they have also contacted Victron, as I've had no reply from Victron technical staff.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Lynx Distributor product page

Lynx Power In product page

Lynx Shunt VE.Can product page

Lynx Smart BMS product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic