question

arcoshi avatar image
arcoshi asked

No LED on Lynx shunt and distributor yet power is going through to system

My system has been working fine until five days ago (according to VRM) I have power to the system, with everything functioning except the lynx shunt and lynx distribution led are no longer on and the shunt cannot be seen on cerbo gx or vrm. Any ideas?

lynx shuntlynx distributor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Arcoshi

Your CAN connection has stopped? Check the cable to the GX.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arcoshi avatar image arcoshi commented ·

Thanks, I’ve tried that, even replaced the cable. Still no joy

0 Likes 0 ·
dancrompton avatar image
dancrompton answered ·

I'm having the exact same issue as of 3 days ago. Was there a firmware update? The last version showing before it went offline is v1.08. I've checked all the fuses and cables but no joy. Dead as a doornail.

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You can't update the firmware on the lynx distributor.

screenshot-20230329-113759.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
dancrompton avatar image dancrompton Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks.

It was an expensive innacurate, inprecise piece of junk when it was working but at least it provided some functionality with the fuse lights. Now it's doing nothing but adding unnecessary resistance. I bought it used too so there's no way I can warranty it. Guess all I can do now is sell it on eBay as faulty and fit a Smart Shunt.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ dancrompton commented ·

You may not get a warranty replacement. The joys of second hand.

But you should be able to get support.

If the lynx shunt is inaccurate it is usually programming.

1 Like 1 ·