question

kevinc avatar image
kevinc asked

Discharge battery power to grid (winter cashback events)

Today there is a cashback event where you get paid £3 for each KW that you do not used compared to your average.

With these events i have been using 100% battery power so my grid power is around zero.

Today i am thinking to export power back to the grid so that i have a negative usage.

How would i go about this do you think?

Would on the ESS settings changing the Grid setpoint from 50W to a negative number work, or is there a better way?

Multiplus-IIPylontechgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@KevinC

In ESS you just set feed back excess from DC in. Set your battery min in case of grid faliure down. It should feedback.

Do you have solar?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevinc avatar image kevinc commented ·
Yes i have the G99 certificate

Yes i have solar but it is likely that there will be no solar production at the time of this event

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The easiest way to control what and when to discharge, is to set a negative setpoint in ESS, since you may want to do this in the middle of the night when they are paying a premium for power.

You can then automate this with node red, though there are a number of improvements coming which will make all this much easier.

3 comments
2 |3000

sharpener avatar image sharpener commented ·

<there are a number of improvements coming which will make all this much easier>

@nickdb what are you alluding to here?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevinc avatar image kevinc sharpener commented ·
yeh nickdb i think that is what i have done

ESS / Grid setpoint, i have set this to -2000

i am doing this manually at the time of the cashback event and then i will set it back to say 50 after the cashback event.

what is node red, where can i learn about how to automate it?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ kevinc commented ·
Go look on the modifications section. Victron has a 3 part youtube webinar that does an introduction.
0 Likes 0 ·