question

Nigel Charlesworth avatar image
Nigel Charlesworth asked

Using programmable relay on GX on loss of internet connectivity to the VRM servers

Has anyone been able to program a relay (be it GX or MultiPlus or BMV) to function when the GX loses contact to the VRM server (same as the reboot function of the GX on loss of internet)

I have a NBN (internet provider) NTD (network termination device which is a LTE wireless connection) that often freezes up and requires rebooting to re-establish connectivity to the internet - I want to program the Victron system to restart the NTD on loss of internet ( detected by the GX) by using the programable relays to open then close long enough to cut power to the NTD and restart it

i cant use the remote switching of the unit as one the internet goes down i dont have the ability to turn it back on remotely

ideally if the remote switch function of the MultiPlus could have a restart timer (so off for say 2 mins then automatically restarts again) this will work as the NTD is powered by the MultiPlus

is there a work around to do this?

using the generator stop start function may work with a min run time of 1 min doing it but it would have to be automatic on loss of connectivity as you cant manually control it when internet is already down

Relaygx devicevrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

why dont you just power the NTD through the relay on the cerbo and have it on all the time then if the cerbo reboots then the ntd would loose power and when the cerbo comes back online power would be restored to the ntd

the cerbo relays can switch 1 amp 220 volts as they are physical relays

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nigel Charlesworth avatar image Nigel Charlesworth commented ·
I powered the NTD and router through a 48/12 DCDC which has the remote link wire (this also powered the NTD/Router from the batteries instead of 240v AC so I could remotely control the system without losing connection ) . i then used the GX relay as you mentioned above to control the remote of the DCDC which works a dream - problem solved thankyou
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources