question

jan-kees avatar image
jan-kees asked

Operating venus relay from tank levels or temperature

is it possible to use the relay in the Venus for an alert

Like turn on when the tank level is a certain value or turn on when a temperature is reached ?

Venus GX - VGXRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It is possible, but this kind of functionality is not available “out of the box” yet.

It is being actively developed by enthusiasts.

You can search the discussion of independent work on VENUS (the operating system of the Venus-devices) here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!forum/victron-dev-venus

A sample discussion for example is here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/victron-dev-venus/6w2xJVfLjLo

Work from this group has been rolled into the mainstream Venus releases in the past, if it proves to be useful and once it is tested and stable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Bump. With the new smart shunt's loss of the built in relay, a few of us with third party battery management systems use that relay to disconnect charge sources when temps approach freezing. It would be nice to have a few more options with the relays with data already being sent to the GX.

2 |3000

dunnp avatar image
dunnp answered ·

The tank functionality already exists (in v2.60-4 at least). In Relay select Tank pump as the function and in Tank Pump, select the tank sensor you want and fiddle with the start and stop percentages until you get the relay behaviour you want. I haven’t tested it myself (waiting on a way to calibrate my non-standard tank senders to get sensible readings) but it looks like it should work.

I haven’t seen any way to achieve a similar thing with temps.

Phil

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic