question

alexanderr avatar image
alexanderr asked

High charge current alarm

Hello, hoping someone can advise me with a High charge current alarm.

I have an off grid system

Fronius inverters

Victrion multi plus

and Pylontech battery's (30kwh useable)

The problem I am having is when the Batteries are full and my inverters are restricting the power off the roof until a large load is being used (e.g kettle) then the inverters step up to provide for the load.

Once the load is switched off the power is diverted to the already charged batteries causing "High charge current alarm"

any help would be appreciated (-:

Multiplus-IIPylontechFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Same error here also, looking for answer. Have only seen high voltage alarm, not current as this alarm wont reset like the high voltage one.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

HV alarms are fairly standard on unbalanced (often newer, or recently upgraded) batteries.

Left to fully charge long enough it will settle. Normal on those batteries and many other modular-type ones.

High current is a different beast.

This alarm is BMS generated and it has been discussed many times before and is even documented in the Victron/Pylon config guide.

0 Likes 0 ·
h8mecz avatar image h8mecz nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It happens also to my PV system that in case of charging of battery during fast change of clouds my BMS alarms the Victron by High charging current even I have DVCC limit 85A (maximum is 110A@15s). I do not understand this behaviour. It happens when DC feed-in grid is off, but it happens when DC feed-in is on as well.
0 Likes 0 ·