Problem with Pylontech Battery and Multiplus-II

Hello,

I have a system composed of:

3 Multiplus II 48/3000/35
1 Color Control GX
1 grid-tide three-phase 6kW inverter
12 Pylontech US2000 batteries
1 Pylontech LV-hub

The Multiplus II are configured as a three-phase system and the grid-tied inverter connected to the AC-OUT 1.

The pylontech batteries are connected in two groups of 6 pylontech batteries and them to the LV-hub, according to the instructions of pylontech.

I have follow all the instructions of the configuration recomended by Victron at:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

The Color Control has detected the Pylontech battery correctly and parameters are correctly shown in the Color Control display.

However, it has not been possible to start the system. The Multiplus II are displaying the "Low Battery" LED all the time and they do not generate any tension.

What is causing this problem and how could it be solved?

Thank you.

Multiplus-IIPylontech
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Please confirm you have set the correct parameters in VEConfigure3 when programming the MultiPlus-II.

Please post the VRM portal id.

0 Likes 0 ·
julian-monedero avatar image julian-monedero Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you, but I have not use the VRM portal since I do not have internet connection. This an off-grid system. I have follow all instructions found on Victron URL.

0 Likes 0 ·
julian-monedero avatar image julian-monedero julian-monedero commented ·

I have the configuration file. Would that help?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ julian-monedero commented ·

It would be sufficient to post screenshots :)

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I think it best that you upgrade that to 459, I can email it to you if you wish but ill need the FULL number plus your email address.

yoiu can select reply to myself and moderators so that no theres see the details. if you wish

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rod Krempaszky avatar image
Rod Krempaszky answered ·
Hi Paul. I have two offgrid systems with Pylontech cells that have same issue. Odd they started fine. After firmware upgrades we got red light for low battery on the Victron. Both separate sites both installs in same day. Before this the Victron started up and provided AC when originally turned on. What I did was set the LVD in inverter tab to 39v. This fixed both sites to start up. I am trying to figure where or what in the BMS or the inverter settings the problem is. Offgrid we do not set ESS values. It's the inverter setting with CANbus or hardwire to control the BMS. Try setting 39v and see. If successful increase both LVD and restart value to a more comfortable setting. Then sort correct setting per manufacturer....
2 comments
2 |3000

Rod Krempaszky avatar image Rod Krempaszky commented ·
Hi Paul. I will adjust my sites this week. Default at 48vdc LVD the reconnection voltage is 52vdc in inverter tab using VE.Config. both sites 80% SOC at 52vdc. Same as yours... I will put back to 48vdc LVD and lower reconnection voltage to 51 or 50vdc. Let me know how you get on...
0 Likes 0 ·
julian-monedero avatar image julian-monedero Rod Krempaszky commented ·

This has been exactly my problem. Red lights "Low Battery" blinking after firmware updated and system configuration. It has been solved decreasing the "DC input low shut-down", "DC input low restart" and "DC input low pre-alarm" parameters. The recomended values by Victron for Pylontech is 47V, 51V and 48.5V respectively. I set them at 42V, 46V and 43V respectively. No idea why this is happening, but it seems a frequent problem with Pylontech combined with Multiplus II. My system is also Off-Grid. The firmware version of Color Control has been updated to the latest (version 2.30) as well as the three Multiplus II (version 459). The only problem now is that the Pylontech BMS will act before reaching this limits. Hope this helps someone else with the same problem. Thanks all for the nice support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

this will give you the full fw version number

1559530033611.png (59.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi There as a suggestion have a look in the ESS setup in this area, dont use the figures in this screen snap, but I suspect these may not be correctly setup on your system and thus if they are set to high it will show as a low voltage cut off, these should NEVER be lower than what the manufactures states

its just a possible pointer for you to look at

also make sure your victron product as on the latest F/W MP II FW 459 CCGX F/W 2.30

1559467459059.png (9.7 KiB)
2 |3000

julian-monedero avatar image
julian-monedero answered ·

Thank you Paul. I set the values stated by Victron at: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

Which are 46 V for all of them. The battery voltage is quite higher than that value (50V) and battery is at 80% charge.

The firmware of CGX is 2.30 (I already updated it) and the firmware of Multiplus II is 430. I do not know how to update it to 459 without internet connection. Do you have any further sugestion about how to solve the problem?

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

download and install the firmware update program for the MP II or I can send you that as well if that helps

0 Likes 0 ·