question

zeroco2 avatar image
zeroco2 asked

Pylontech setup compatible with the Victron ecosystem ?

Hello there.

I have a Multiplus II 5000 VA with 2 MPPT 250/60 (with a VE direct port)(I will add a 3rd string / 1 MPPT 150/30 in two weeks giving 8.2 kWp of PV modules) and a Pylontech Force L2 (3 modules or 10.65 kWh) linked via a Lynx DC distributor and controlled via a Cerbo GX.

Is it possible to add 2 Pylontech modules Force L1 with their own BMS to this system ? The Cerbo GX has 2 BMS Can inputs: can it control or be controlled by two (Force L1 and Force L2) Pylontech BMS ? If yes, I would just need a 2nd Lynx since the 1st one is full (already 4 DC IN).

Cheers from Liguria and a nice sunny day today

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxPylontechlynx distributor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The CerboGX has one BMS Can interface. The are two physical connectors on the Can interfaces to allow daisy chaining. If the CerboGX is at the end of the chain then a terminator is placed in the open connector.
Only one BMS per system.
Not sure if L1 modules can be linked to L2 modules in a stack, ask Pylontech about that one.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zeroco2 avatar image zeroco2 commented ·

Thank you for the answer. To be sure I understand, I should see wether I can link my current Force L2 stack from LinkPort1 to the new Force L1 stack's Linkport0 ? The L2 stack would then be the master, in charge of the communication with the Cerbo GX via the BMS Can port, and the L1 stack would be the controlled slave. Both the two stacks would have their power cables wired to a Lynx DC distributor.

0 Likes 0 ·